Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Best pita sandwich ever!



I made up these pita sandwiches and I am obsessed with them. I have been eating them for lunch and dinner until I run out of ingredients!

I don’t make things in exact measurements. A lot of what I do is to taste.

Ingredients:

1 whole wheat pita

Vegennaise
1/2 organic tomato

1/2 organic avocado

Lemon juice

Dash of salt

Red onion

Lettuce

Basil or any other herbs

Directions:

1.       Take the pita and cut in half.

2.       Slather the bottom of both pita halves with Vegennaise. I just tried Vegennaise for the first time and love it! It tastes just like mayonnaise, seriously.

3.       Cut 1/2 a tomato into 4 slices. Put 2 slices in each half.

4.       Cut the avocado and put in bowl. Add lemon juice and salt. Mash with fork. Put in halves.

5.       Dice part of a red onion, probably about 1/8 c- 1/4 c. Put in halves.

6.       Slice basil and lettuce and put in pita halves.

7.       Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment