Friday, November 4, 2011

Vegan French Toast


I was a big french toast fan before becoming vegan. I found out that you can substitute bananas for the eggs. The bananas give the french toast a great flavor!

Ingredients:
2 bananas
3/4 cup soy milk
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
oil (I use olive oil)
bread, any kind is fine!

1. Blend bananas, soy milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a blender.
2. Pour into a wide bowl.
3. Dip bread slices in the mixture, coating both sides.
4. Fry in the oil on medium high heat until golden brown.
5. You can put whatever fruit you would like on top:) I love blueberries and strawberries. Top with maple syrup if desired.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great, I'll have to try soon.

    Sarah made (vegan) pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin donuts recently and it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete